Good women of China

Czyli ksiazki albumy i co dusza zapragnie o Japonii lub z Japonii.

Moderator: Zarząd

Awatar użytkownika
Plaargath

Good women of China

Post autor: Plaargath »

"The Good Women of China. Hidden Voices." by Xinran, Vintage 2003. Co prawda chińskie, ale chyba nie szkodzi, co?

Polecam wielce, choć nie jest to jakać szczególna rewelacja (jeszcze nie skończyłem, może się zaskoczę...), ale dużo mówi o tzw. mentalności etc.

Ubiegając pytania co to jest, cytuję okładkę:
Wydawca na okładce pisze: For eight groundbreaking years, Xinran presented a radio programme in China during which she invited women to call in and talk about themselves. Broadcast every evening, Words on the Night Breeze became famous throughout the country fot its unflinching portrayal of what it meant to be a woman in modern China. Centuries of obedience to their fathers, husbands and sons, followed by years of political turmaoil had made women terrified of talking openly about their feelings. Xinran won the trust and, through her compassion and ability to listen, became the first woman to hear their true stories.

This unforgettable book is the story of how Xinran negotiated the minefiled of restrictions imposed on Chinese journalists to reach out to women across the country. Through the vivid intimacy of her writing, the women's voices confide in the reader, sharing their deepest secrets for the first time. Their stories changed Xinran's understanding of China forever and her book will reveal the lives of Chinese women to the West as never before.
I to jest w tej książce niesamowice pokazane (i chyba świadomie, choć niekoniecznie), że Xinran - wbrew odruchowemu oczekiwaniu po przeczytaniu okładki - nie jest jakimś tam ekspertem czy coś w tych sprawach, jest właśnie pokazane, że ona, Chinka, tak samo jak czytelnik z zachodu była ignorantem. I jest to pokazane na żywo, wraz z tym jak pomiędzy historiami wypowiada się autorka. Wypas.
"Wszechświata nie stworzył żaden bóg ani żaden człowiek, lecz był on zawsze, jest i będzie zawsze żywym ogniem."
Awatar użytkownika
Plaargath

Re: Good women of China

Post autor: Plaargath »

Mała korekta (bo skończyłem). Książka jest niesamowita. Wstrząsająca.

A poza tym ładny cytat tam znalazłem:
Xinran pisze:When China started to open up, it was like a starving child devouring everything within reach indiscriminately. Afterwards, while the world saw flushed, happy China in new clothes, no longer crying out with hunger, the journalistic community saw a body racked by the pain of indigestion. But it was a body whose brain they could not see, for China's brain had not yet grown the cells to absorb truth and freedom.
"Wszechświata nie stworzył żaden bóg ani żaden człowiek, lecz był on zawsze, jest i będzie zawsze żywym ogniem."
Awatar użytkownika
MadSun

Re: Good women of China

Post autor: MadSun »

Ambitna tematyka. Chiny rzeczywiście stają się coraz ciekawszym tematem. Malo ktore społeczeństwo przeżyło tak radykalną transformacje w tak krótkim czasie.
ODPOWIEDZ